8.18.2014

Your Biggest Optical fashion problem

What's more complicated than some brand new gadget or a toy that requires adult assembly? Yes, girls, it's that pesky fake eyelash. Not all dolls have long curly lashes, but the way to get them is just too much? Sephora posted the steps for getting instant glamour on their Tumblr blog!


MINI MAKEOVER: FAUX LASHES
Bring on the drama.
The struggle to apply false lashes is all too real. Do you really put glue that close to your eye? What do you do when the lashes stick to your finger? The questions are endless. I did try them out for Halloween once, but I ended up looking more like an actual bird then a glamorous black swan. However, after trying a free Mini Makeover at Sephora, I know that will never happen again. In just 15 minutes, I learned how to create dramatic faux lashes with stunning length, volume, and curl. (And yes, you really do put the glue that close to your eye.) Read on to see how I mastered my fringe benefits. SARA ISAACSON
STEP ONE: FIT
Claudiavel, a Sephora beauty expert, used MAKE UP FOR EVER’s Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow and Dior’s Diorshow Black Out Waterproof Mascara on my eyes before even touching the faux lashes. “A cream liner will help to balance out the length of faux lashes,” she explained, adding, “This mascara is just sticky enough to help faux and real lashes stay together.”
We decided to go for SEPHORA COLLECTION False Eye Lashes in Mink to enhance my almond-shaped eyes. The lashes fit perfectly—no trimming needed.
STEP TWO: PREP
Next, I watched in awe as she carefully applied DUO Eyelash Adhesive to the faux lashes (not my eye) with the back of a brush. We waited for about 45 seconds for the glue to become tacky.
STEP THREE: PLACE
I stared at Claudiavel in confusion when she said she was going to use “the little birdie” to apply the faux lashes to the center of my eye. She was referring to the SEPHORA COLLECTION Bulls Eye Lash Applicator—and it worked like a charm. At this point all I wanted to do was bat my eyelashes at anyone looking at me, but Claudiavel insisted that I wait until they were secure. 
STEP FOUR: PRESS
She pressed the false and real lashes together with her fingers, and then applied another coat of mascara, but only to the base of my real lashes. The faux lashes didn’t need it!
STEP FIVE: PERFECT
Claudiavel’s last tip was to use SMASHBOX Always Sharp Waterproof Kôhl Liner to conceal the white edges of bands for a super-polished look. I walked out of the Sephora store batting my eyelashes like a model. Or, at least that’s what I was going for.

NOTE: Kohl eyeliner nowadays is not real kohl, which is actually toxic. 

Ciao, bellas!

No comments:

Post a Comment